In this article, you will read Essay on National Doctor’s Day in India for students and children in 1000 words. Also its date, importance, history, and celebration.
So, let’s start an Article on National Doctor’s Day…
Essay on National Doctor’s Day India for Students and Children in 1000 Words
Doctor’s are highly respected in the world, in which they are worshipped in India. By the way, man is not capable of comparing him to God, but the doctor has achieved this status through his work.
By the way, life is not human, but death is in the hands of God, but now God has given the right to give experience to a person by making him a doctor.
We call this life donor a doctor, who gives birth to us, as well as sometimes saves us from death. In the field of medicine, doctors have progressed day by day. Today, a doctor can cure the most significant disease. With the help of the wonders of science, doctors are able to reach here today.
Celebrations are made to honour and salute the doctor’s dedication, work, loyalty, honesty, dedication. To know full information about this day and what is its history, look at this article.
When National Doctor’s Day is Celebrated?
National Doctors Day is celebrated on 1 July in India, 30 March in USA, and 27 February in Vietnam.
How to become a qualified doctor?
Many students aspire to enter the medical profession and become doctors. The first step in this direction is to appear for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) every year to select students for MBBS and BDS courses in government and private medical institutions across the country.
If you want to appear in this entrance exam then during your 11th and 12th grade you must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as major subjects. A minimum percentage criterion is also set. Students who pass the entrance examination are also required to pass counseling so that their admission is considered to be firm.
History of National Doctor’s Day
Since it is celebrated on different days in different countries, the history of celebrating this day is also our own. Here we are going to talk about the history of Doctor’s Day in India.
Doctor’s Day in India was started in 1991 by the then Government of India. Since then every year, the first date of July is established to be recognized and celebrated as National Doctor’s Day.
This day was ensured to honour and pay tribute to the legendary doctor and other Chief Minister of West Bengal, Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy, across India. He was born on July 1, 1882, A.D in Patna city, Bihar, and died on this day 80 years later.
He completed his medical graduation from Calcutta and obtained MRCP and FRCP degrees in London in 1911 and returned to India the same year he started his medical career as a doctor in India.
He was a noted physician and renowned educationist of the country as well as a freedom fighter because he participated in the movements made by Mahatma Gandhi, and also took care of him in his fast.
After independence, he became the leader of the Indian National Congress Party and then later became the Chief Minister of West Bengal. He was awarded the Bharat Ratna Award in February 1961. Apart from this, Dr. BC Roy National Award was instituted in 1976 to remember him.
The award was to pay him respect and tribute. Therefore, to honour and remember such a great personality, National Doctor’s Day was started.
Objectives of National Doctor’s Day
Be a person; a doctor plays a vital role in everyone’s life. On the one hand, doctors play an essential role for the people, and on the other, doctor’s also fulfill their responsibilities towards their patients.
In such a situation, his honour should be a matter of pride for us. For this purpose, the Government of India has started it as an awareness campaign, which is an annual festival and it helps the familiar people to become aware of the role, importance and precious care of doctors.
This annual festival of doctor’s is a day of encouragement for all doctors and doctors. This day is an eye-opening day for those doctor’s who are not honest about their profession. By celebrating this day, he has awakened from his failed career due to a lack of commitment towards his job.
In the year 2020, the 30th National Doctor’s Day will be celebrated on July 1. On this day, giving respect to all doctors and doctor’s of the country, they will be thanked for the work done by them.
How National Doctor’s Day is Celebrated?
People celebrate this day in their way. But some organizations celebrate it in the following way –
• On this day, health care organizations organize some medical checkup camps for the general public in many health centers and free public places.
In addition to this, general screening test camps are also organized between poor and senior citizens to assess health status, health counseling, talks on health nutrition and awareness of chronic diseases.
• Free blood test, random sugar test, ECG, EEG, blood pressure checkup, etc. activities are organized to make aware of the critical roles of doctor’s in everyone’s life.
• To encourage more young students towards the dedicated medical profession; some activities are organized at the level of schools and colleges, which discuss medical topics, quiz competition, sports activities, new to make the medical profession more reliable and more responsible.
• On July 1, most of the patients thank their doctor’s and give them greeting cards, appreciation cards, bouquets, greeting messages through the mail, etc. Special meetings, parties, and dinners are organized at health centers, hospitals, nursing homes or homes by doctor’s to remember the days of doctors and the importance of their contribution to the medical profession.
10 Lines on National Doctor’s Day
- July 1 is celebrated every year on this day to commemorate the birth and death anniversary of the most famous doctor of the country Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy (Dr. B C Roy).
- The Govt of India formally dedicated the day to be celebrated as National Doctor’s Day first time in 1991 A.D as a mark of respect to Roy, a famous physician and 2nd CM of West Bengal.
- Bidhan Chandra Roy was a renowned educationist as well as a freedom fighter as he joined the Mahatma Gandhi during the Civil Disobedience Movement.
- The Indian Government honoured him with the highest civilian award Bharat Ratna in 1961 for his immense contribution to the society.
- The theme of 2019 National Doctors Day is “Zero tolerance to violence against doctors and clinical establishment”.
- Doctors Day is celebrated on different dates world over. Some countries also observe a holiday on this day.
- While the United States celebrates the Day on March 30 Iran observes the Day on August 23.
- In the country of Brazil, National Doctors’ Day is celebrated as a holiday on October 18, the day when the Roman Catholic Church celebrates the anniversary of Saint Luke.
- In the country of Cuba, National Doctors’ Day is celebrated as a holiday on December 3 to commemorate the birthday of Carlos Juan Finlay.
- The first Doctors’ Day was observed on March 30, 1933, in Winder, Georgia, US.
Although a person does not visit the doctor for the common cold and mild fever, if the condition worsens, they should not be ignored. Doctor’s need to build trust while performing their duties honestly. I hope you liked this informative Essay on National Doctor’s Day.