In this article, we have explained How to Write A Notice? Examples and Formats for Various places like school classes, clubs, and offices.
So, Start reading this article on How to Write A Notice…?
What is Notice Writing?
Notice is generally written or printed information or news announcement. Notifications are displayed on the notice board or newspapers or magazines meant for a select group or the general public.
The note contains precise information or declaration; its tone and style are formal and factual. The language of notice should be structured and straightforward. Notification is always short and to the point.
Format of a Notice writting
Since notice is a formal document, it should follow a format or a structure. Here is the form that most of the notices use.
1. Name of Issuing Authority / Organization
At the very top, the name of the organization or the name of the person issuing the notice is printed. It helps the reader to identify whether the notification is important or unimportant to the particular person.
When writing a notice, the title is to be mentioned as “NOTICE” in bold letters at the top. It helps to draw attention to the document. Notices are generally posted on public display boards or published in newspapers.
The date is always print to the left-hand side on which the notices are published. As this is a formal document, the date is an essential aspect as it has to be documented and is kept on record.
4. Heading for the notice
The appropriate heading should be considered for the notices. The heading should make it clear the purpose of the notice.
5. Body of the notice
After the heading, a brief and to the point body of the notice. The body contains the main feature of the notice.
6. Writer’s Name
At the bottom of the notice, the name and the designation of the notice issuer is mention. As the notice has to be signed by the same person to lend authority and validity of the notice.
The content of the notice should contain some of the essential points that need to be communicated to the people too whom the notice has been an issue.
1. What – The notice should be clear what it is about; this is the core of the message and should be written very clearly.
2. Where – If the notice is about an event, it should mention where it is being conducted. The venue of the location is an important detail, so ensure that is included in the notice.
3. When – The time and date of the event should be mention on the notice. If possible, the extent of the event should be mention so that people who are attending the event can schedule their time accordingly.
4. Who – This will be who the notice is the address to; Who all are supposed to adhere to the notice should be mentioned to avoid confusion.
5. Whom – The final detail on the notice should be the whom to contact or get in touch with, it indicates who is the appropriate authority to contact.
Important tips for Notice writing
Here are some of the tips while writing a notice–
- The notice word limit should be between fifty to sixty words.
- The notice needs to be precise and up to a point while issuing.
- The communication should be formal and crisp, which means no informal wordings.
- The sentences need to be short and straightforward.
- The notice should be in a proper format in a box. The presentation should be appealing and neat to the eyes.
Here are some of the Examples of Notice writing
1. Water will be suspended in a particular building (Water Board Notice Example)
Basera Housing Corporation Ltd, Mulund, Mumbai
This notice to inform all the residents of Basera Housing Corporation that there will be a suspension of water supply for eight hours. It is being done to cleanse the water tank. The details of the timing are as follows:
Date 23rd March 2020
Time of water supply suspension – 10 am to 6 pm
It is therefore requested you take appropriate action and store the required amount of water beforehand to minimize the difficulty.
2. Notice example for submission of articles for annual school magazine that is to be published
St. Xavier School, Mulund, Mumbai
CALL For SUBMISSION
It is to notify all the students that our schools are going to publish its annual magazine “Hi-Lites” next month. All those who want to contribute are requested to send your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. Articles latest by 31/03/2020 will be accepted. The topic can be any of your choices. For any further information, please contact your respective class teachers.
Principle / Dean
3. How to write a Notice for meeting at a sports club or a Gymkhana
Mumbai Gymkhana Club, Fort
General Body Meeting
All members of the Mumbai Gymkhana club are hereby informed to attend the general body meeting on 30/03/2020 at 11:00 am in the Club conference room to discuss & revise the Club’s policy for defaulter member for long outstanding dues.
4. Example of a Notice at school visiting historical sites being arranged by History club
St. Lawrence School, Vikhroli, Mumbai
Visiting Historical Sites
Members of History Club are at this moment invited for the educational visit to some of the important historical sites in our city, which is scheduled between 3/04/2020 to 5/04/2020. The interested member requires to pay Rs. 1000/- (inclusive for transport and snacks) by 30/03/2020 to the undersigned.
History Club Secretary
5. How to write a Notice for the members of the buildings to pay the overdue maintenance charges
Saroj Building Society, Goregaon, Mumbai
Payment of Maintenance Charges
All the residents of Saroj Buildings are at this moment informed that the payment the overdue maintenance charges by 31/03/2020. Please pay the late fees so that there is no hindrance in the continuation of maintenance of the building and other facilities.
6. Notice for Diwali gathering in a housing society (Diwali meeting Notice)
Moraj Residency, Raipur
The society is organizing a gathering and dinner on this auspicious occasion of Diwali. All the residents of the society are requested to attend the event in the clubhouse of the society at 7:30 pm on 14/11/2020.
I hope you liked these Examples and tips to understand How to Write A Notice?