In this article, you will read an Essay on Cleanliness is next to Godliness for Students 1000 Words. This is an educational essay for children to understand the importance, impact, of a clean environment.
So, Start reading this Essay on Cleanliness is next to Godliness…
Introduction (Cleanliness is next to Godliness -1000 Words)
Cleanliness is essential for our life. It is an item that influences all the successes in our life. People need to keep themselves clean to maintain their healthy lifestyle and to be. Cleanliness is a path that leads us to progress and achieves our goals. To be clean means to keep you physically and mentally clean.
You can instill positive thoughts and confidence by keeping your body clean and hygienic. Along with being well-groomed, the habit of cleanliness makes a good impression on others, and it also serves to enhance our excellent reputation in society as cleanliness also reflects the clean character of a person.
Importance of cleanliness
It is believed that people who maintain the habit of cleanliness and develop the habit of being well-groomed, have a clean character and are usually pious and God-fearing. Such people have absolute morality and clear heart in their life by being religious.
We can say that faith starts with a clear heart and a person with a clean heart can be a person of good character. It is why every priest of any sect or religion asks to clean the body & mind before worship. Cleanliness is one of the first and foremost things to do for getting close to God.
On the other hand, being clean strengthens our immune system and protects us from many severe diseases. Nevertheless, lean people can get sick from contact with dirty people, but they are strong enough to face small problems. They manage the things around them related to cleanliness, including giving instructions about cleanliness to poor and dirty people.
Physical hygiene to internal hygiene
People with proper hygiene feel ashamed to meet people with dirty faces, hands, dirty clothes and wrong smelling clothes, as they feel insulted by meeting such people. Body hygiene is indeed essential for good physical health. On the other hand, physical hygiene provides internal hygiene and keeps the heart and mind clean.
Cleanliness of mind keeps us mentally clean and protects us from mental troubles. Therefore, complete cleanliness keeps us away from dirt and diseases, because these two (soil and conditions) run together because there will be diseases where there is dirt.
Steps were taken by the common people for cleanliness
Earlier too many sanitation programs were run. However, all failed due to a lack of proper support from the general public. World Environment Day is celebrated every year with the same objectives of cleanliness. We have inherited much from Western civilization; however, we have not adopted their manners and habits related to cleanliness and hygiene.
Cleanliness is a matter of perspective, which is possible only through adequate awareness of cleanliness among the general public. Cleanliness is a quality that must be promoted by people of all age groups and rank to have complete control.
Adequate and regular hygiene brings good mental and physical health, hygiene, purity of soul and mind. Cleanliness of body and mind helps us to connect with nature easily, along with spiritual and positive thinking.
The psychological impact of cleanliness
The Contaminated environment does not just make us physically unwell but also affects us psychologically. Human being hesitates to go in a dirty environment, then how to expect that God can reside there. From a broader perspective, we will find that the countries which take care of cleanliness are developing rapidly.
It is also true that the countries in which the dirt is seen are equally low in the list of development. The atmosphere is also a mirror of human character and mind. There is a saying that a clean environment, i.e., a healthy mind is the reason why the importance of cleanliness is so much in our life.
There is a very close relationship between personal hygiene and the good health of a person. Personal hygiene is considered the purity of body and soul, which is necessary to achieve a healthy and spiritual relationship.
People who do not bathe daily or wear dirty clothes usually lose confidence, self-esteem and a sense of goodness. Therefore we can say that personal hygiene protects us from dishonesty. The priest asks everyone for bathe, wash hands and wear clean clothes properly before engaging in any worship.
10 Lines on Cleanliness is Next to Godliness
- Cleanliness not only means cleaning of our body but it also emphasizes on the cleanliness of thoughts.
- Cleanliness is not a compulsive habit but should be the way to live our life.
- Our government has also started India’s most significant cleanliness campaign on 2nd October 2014 to promote cleanliness in the country.
- It is not only the duty of the government to keep the country clean, but it is the responsibility of every Indian to maintain cleanliness around them.
- If you wear clean clothes and keep cleanliness around you too, then everyone will be impressed by you.
- Every parent should talk to their children about the benefits, purpose, and necessity of hygiene and also teach them to follow the rules of hygiene right from childhood.
- Cleanliness is not only physical or mental, but it is also essential for us to keep our home and environment clean.
- A clean person is always healthy, and a healthy mind develops in a healthy body.
- Cleanliness helps a person to build a good personality, by strengthening him physically, mentally and socially and also affects others. Just like food, water, oxygen, shelter, and other things are essential for our life; similarly, cleanliness is also necessary for a healthy life.
- All types of hygiene are necessary for good health. We all need to be aware of maintaining cleanliness in our daily lives.
Many types of germs cause disease and are caused by dirt, which spreads the infection rapidly. Due to which many severe diseases like cholera and plague can occur. Therefore, to live a healthy, happy and peaceful life, all of us should develop the habit of cleanliness in every aspect of life because dirt is a form of moral evil. In contrast, cleanliness is a symbol of moral purity. I hope you like this essay on Cleanliness is next to Godliness.